The first thing people notice about a person is the way they look. This is a fact that is universally known, and universally acknowledged. It’s human nature to evaluate the appearance of others and to be aware of our appearance in the eyes of others. Even when we’re in a relationship with a person, it’s not uncommon to hear them say “You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen”.
Beauty is the truth– truth, beauty–that is all ye know on earth and all ye need to know.John Keats
Beauty does not ensnare men; they ensnare themselves.Chinese Proverb
Beauty will fade, but not goodness.Filipino Proverb
Beauty without virtue is a curse.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in proportion.
A woman who cannot be ugly is not beautiful.
Our hearts were drunk with beauty. Our eyes could never see.
George W. Russell
Art always serves beauty, and beauty is the joy of possessing form, and form is the key to organic life since no living thing can exist without it.
But beauty vanishes; beauty passes. However rare–rare it be.
Walter de la Mare
No beauty she doth miss / When all her robes are on / But beauty’s self she is / When all her robes are gone.
Beauty in music is too often confused with something that lets the ears lie back in an easy chair.
Read – Motivational Work Quotes
All women are not Helen…but have Helen in their hearts.
William Carlos Williams
When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong.
R. Buckminster Fuller
The contemplation of beauty causes the soul to grow wings.
It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty if goodness.
75 Best Happy Teacher’s Day Quotes
Beauty Quotes For Her
Beauty quotes are a great way to motivate yourself to not only look good but be good. If you put these quotes on your mirror, you’ll be sure to remember them every day.
- “Nothing is more moving than beauty which is unaware of itself, except for ugliness which is.” -Robert Mallet
- “Things are beautiful if you love them.” – Jean Anouilh
- “O, she is rich in beauty, only poor that, when she dies, with beauty dies her store.” – William Shakespeare
- “Beauty provoketh thieves sooner than gold.” – William Shakespeare
- “Every man feels instinctive that all the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action.” – James Russell Lowell
- “Honest labour bears a lovely face.” – Thomas Dekker
- “It is a lovely thing to live with courage and die leaving an everlasting renown.” – Alexander The Great
- “A beautiful lady is an accident of nature. A beautiful old lady is a work of art.” – Louis Nizer
- “You know that living is the most real, the most beautiful thing.” – Joshua Prager
- “It is the beautiful bird that gets caged.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Beauty, like a lantern’s light, will shine outward from within him.” – George Garrett
- “Beauty, like supreme dominion, is best supported by opinion.” – Jonathan Swift
- “Beauty without grace is the hook without the bait.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Beauty Quotes For Girls
Getting ready for a big night out with friends? Having trouble figuring out what to wear and how to look your best? Need a few beauty quotes to help give you the pep talk you need? We’ve got you. Here are 50 of the most popular quotes about beauty!
Read – Life Lesson Quotes
Beauty is only skin deep.
Sir Thomas Overbury
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Butterflies come to pretty flowers.
Korean (on beauty)
Don’t gild the lily.
Everything is lovely when the geese honk high.
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
Real beauty is to be true to oneself.
The words that enlighten the soul are more precious than jewels.
Hazrat Inayat Khan
Music has charms to soothe a savage beast.
The beautiful is always bizarre.
The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.
Read – Wisdom Quotes
Beauty has the power to change us, and in turn, our lives.
And isn’t that the meaning of life? To find beauty in ourselves, in the world, and in others?
Women Empowerment Quotes
Old Friend Quotes
Staying Strong Quotes
Beauty Quotes About Life
Take a look around you and you’ll see that all of life’s imperfections are there to teach us a lesson. From “I woke up like this” to “Suck it up buttercup”, these beautiful quotes about life remind us that it’s okay to be ourselves, even when things are crazy. The first step towards being happy is being comfortable in your skin.
- “Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror. But you are eternity and you are the mirror” –
- “Beauty is within, regardless of race, culture or skin you’re in / You must first learn to love yourself first / Be grateful, kind and loving to know your worth / Others are not going to see you for who you are.”
– Albertina Theresa Cameron
- “Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.” – Scott Westerfeld
- “No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.” – Lao Tzu
- “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “There is nothing that makes its way more directly to the soul than beauty.” – Joseph Addison
- “The autumn of beauty is still beautiful.” – Roman Proverb
- “She was as beautiful as the devil, and twice as dangerous.” – Dashiell Hammett
Read – Age Quotes
Beauty Quotes By Celebrities
Beauty is a major part of life. It’s what we see when we look in the mirror each day and what we feel is our best self. However, it’s what beauty is and what it means for each person that differs. That’s where quotes about beauty come into play.
Beauty can pierce one like a pain.
Beauty, like truth and justice, lives within us.
There is in true beauty, as in courage, something which narrow souls cannot dare to admire.
Beauty is like the surf that never ceases.
People are like stained – glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.
Edgar Allan Poe
Everything beautiful is loveable.
And when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.
The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, then you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.
Frank Lloyd Wright
Do not dissect a rainbow. In other words, do not destroy a beautiful phenomenon by overanalyzing it.
There’s nothing more inspiring than the complexity and beauty of the human heart.
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time.
Beauty Quotes For Girlfriend
The search for the perfect quote about beauty can seem a bit futile at times. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And yet, beauty quotes do exist, and they can help us work toward our definition of beauty. Here are some quotes about beauty and what makes us beautiful.
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.”
– Helen Keller
- “Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.”
– Ninon de L’Enclos
- “Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.” – John Ray
- “The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express.” – Francis Bacon
- “There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “A thing of beauty is a joy forever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.”
– John Keats