The new year is quickly approaching, and on the horizon are the holidays of Chinese New Year. It is a time celebrated by many for its rich cultural significance, yet some may not know some of the expressions to say to their family. So, here are 50+ greetings that can be spoken in Cantonese that may come in handy on the big day!
Chinese New Year Greetings Cantonese
Harmony brings wealth
Xīn xiǎng shì chéng
May all your wishes come true
- Got that? You can address the person by name and wish him or her a happy new year and follow up with other phrases, depending upon what wishes you want to emphasize.
Yuàn míngliàng xǐqìng de xīnnián zhúguāng wēnnuǎn yī nián zhōng de měi gè rì rì yè yè, zhù nǐ huānhuān xǐ xǐ dù xīnnián!
- May the bright and festive glow of New Year candle warm the days all the year through. Hoping you will have a wonderful time enjoying New Year that is happy in every way.
Cáiyuán guǎng jìn
Money and treasures will be plentiful
- Yuàn xīnnián wèi nǐ dàilái kuàilè, yǒu’ài hé níngjìng.
- May the coming New Year bring you joy, love and peace.
Zhāo cái jìn bǎo
Treasures fill the home
Wishing you every success
Nián nián yǒu yú
Wishing you prosperity every year.
With the compliments of the season.
- Gěi nǐ tèbié de zhùfú, yuàn xīnnián dài gěi nǐ wúbiān de xìngfú, rúyì.
- A cheery New Year hold lots of happiness for you!
- 快高長大 Fai Gou Jeung Dai. …
- 大吉大利 Dai Gut Dai Lei. …