As Christians, we are called to remember those who have gone before us, both those in our personal lives and those who have made sacrifices for our freedoms. Memorial Day provides an opportunity for us to do just that. On this day, we remember and honor those who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. We also remember and honor the men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
As Christians, we can take comfort in knowing that death is not the end. For those who have put their trust in Jesus Christ, we have the hope of eternal life. So on this Memorial Day, let us remember those who have gone before us and give thanks for the sacrifice they have made. Here are 20 Christian quotes to remember on Memorial Day.
Christian Quotes To Remember On Memorial Day
- “Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.”- Theodore Roosevelt
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion.”- Calvin Coolidge
- “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
- “No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.”- General Douglas MacArthur
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.”- Joseph Campbell
- “Never was so much owed by so many few.”- Winston Churchill
- “Home of the free, because of the brave.” – Unknown
- “The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree.” -Thomas Campbell
- “Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
On Memorial Day, we remember the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives for our country. Here are some quotes from Christians about sacrifice, bravery, and patriotism to help us reflect on this holiday.