Easter is a time to connect with God. This holiday can be special for people of all faiths, and there are many ways to do that. One way is through prayer. Easter is a great time to connect with God, and prayer can help you feel close to Him.
Easter Sunday Prayer 2022
- “Hail the Lord of earth and heaven, Alleluia! Praise to Thee by both be given, Alleluia! Thee we greet triumphant now, Alleluia! Hail the Resurrection, thou, Alleluia! King of glory, the soul of bliss, Alleluia! Everlasting life is this, Alleluia! Thee to know, Thy power to prove, Alleluia! Thus to sing, and thus to love, Alleluia!” — Charles Wesley
- “Heavenly Father, we thank You for the beautiful gift of Your Word. Your Word made flesh, Jesus Christ, the incarnate One, in whom Your glory dwelt—the fullness of it, bodily. We pray, Lord, that we would be students of the character of Christ, that we would look to Your Word as the measure for where our hope can safely be stored.” — Jen Wilkin
- “Our Father, we thank You for giving us what we need to know which is that Your son rose from the dead, and that we can know Him personally, not just as a dead prophet or teacher, but as a living Savior and that we can hear His voice speaking to us, calling us by name, giving us His love.” — Tim Keller
- “God, thank You, for sending Jesus and making away in the middle just for me. Today, I give You my life. I turn from everything that’s not like You, and I turn to You. God, heal me, deliver me, change me from the inside out.” — Michael Todd
- “We give You thanks, almighty Lord God, that You have refreshed us with this saving gift of Your Son’s body and blood. We pray, in Your mercy, that You would bless us with these for strengthening our faith in You and for increasing the warmth of our love toward one another; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord. Amen.” — Martin Luther
- “Thank You, Lord, that in Your life and death and glorious resurrection, the great enemy has been defeated—sin, death, and evil. You have launched a new creation and we can be a part of it.” — Dr. Derwin L. Gray
- “Lord, how can we ever thank You enough? You endured more pain, more shame, more sorrow, more grief than we can possibly fathom. Help us remember why You gave Your life. Because of love. Because of mercy. Because we desperately need them both. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.” — Liz Curtis Higgs
Simple Prayer for Easter Sunday 2022
People of all faiths and denominations celebrate Easter, but for Christians, it is the day that Jesus rose from the tomb after being dead for three days. Christians traditionally have a special prayer called the Easter liturgy that they recite on Easter morning. This simple prayer asks for God’s forgiveness, guidance, and protection.
- “Father, we ask that You would help us now to understand the best way to appropriate these things for our life. Everybody in this room—some of us, intellectually, don’t believe in the resurrection. I pray that You would break through that barrier and You’d show them the search is over. Some people haven’t thought out the implications of it and even though they believe it in some way, they don’t understand and they certainly don’t have Jesus. I pray, Lord, that everybody in this room will be able to appropriate this great doctrine of Easter. We pray this in Jesus’ name, Amen.” — Tim Keller
- “We ask, Lord…that we would daily thank You for our salvation that was, that we would daily cry out to You for a salvation that is ongoing as we battle sin during this lifetime and strive to obey You out of gratitude and joy.” — Jen Wilkin
- “Father, we acknowledge that by Your grace and Your goodness, You’ve redeemed us and called us by name. You’ve sent us on a mission for Your name’s sake.” — Ed Stetzer
- “Lord, we again thank You for the majesty of Your Word. We thank You that You love us and You’re with us and You are for us and that in Your grace, You take the darkest things—things that are unthinkable to us, and You can do the most wonderful things in them.” — Paul Tripp
- “Lord, I thank You for Your sacrifice on the cross and I thank You for Your resurrection from the tomb, and God, I pray that this truth becomes alive in every person’s heart today, that people stand up and respond to Your truth, saying, ‘Jesus, I thank You for what You did. God, I lay down my old self, I step into my new self—resurrect me today.’” — Sadie Robertson Huff
- “Our Father, we ask that You would help us to take this message of the resurrection to the world, that You would help us to always preach Christ when we preach because the resurrection has shown us that He is the meaning to the Scriptures. We pray that the resurrection would remind us that the truth is the truth whether we like it or not. But most of all, help us to remember that the resurrection shows us that Jesus is the King that our hearts have longed for.” — Tim Keller
Easter Sunday Prayer Catholic 2022
In Catholic tradition, Easter Sunday is a day of prayer and reflection. One of the most common prayers during Easter is the Our Father. This prayer is said by Christians to show their love and respect for God.
- “Grant, Almighty God, that as thou appearest not now to us in shadows and types, as formerly to the holy fathers, but clearly and plainly in thy only-begotten Son, – O grant, that we may be wholly given to the contemplation of the image, which thus shines before us; and that we may in such a manner be transformed into it, as to make increasing advances, until at length, having put off all the filth of our flesh, we be fully conformed to that pure and perfect holiness which dwells in Christ, as in him dwells the fulness of all blessings and thus obtain at last a participation of that glory which our Lord has procured for us by his resurrection. Amen.” — John Calvin
- “O God, who made this holiest night to shine with the glory of the Lord’s resurrection: Stir up in your Church that Spirit of adoption which is given to us in Baptism, that we, being renewed both in body and mind, may worship you in sincerity and truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.” — Book of Common Prayer
- “Lord Jesus Christ, You were poor and in distress, a captive and forsaken as I am. You know all man’s troubles; You abide with me when all men fail me; You remember and seek me; it is Your will that I should know You and turn to You. Lord, I hear Your call and follow; help me.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Easter Sunday Communion Prayer 2022
As Easter Sunday dawns, many people prepare themselves for the religious service. One of the most important parts of this service is the communion prayer. This prayer is said by everyone in attendance, both baptized and unbaptized. Prayer is a way of thanking God for all that he has done for us throughout the year.
Easter Sunday is a time to reflect on the past and look forward to the future. It is a time to connect with God and thank Him for all the blessings we have received. Let us all take this time to pray for healing and peace for ourselves, our families, and our world. Happy Easter.