It’s Memorial Day – a day to remember and honor those who have sacrificed their lives for our country. While it is a somber occasion, it’s also a day to come together as a nation and celebrate the freedoms we enjoy.
To help you get into the spirit of the holiday, we’ve gathered a list of some of the best, most patriotic, and funniest Memorial Day quotes. These quotes come from a variety of sources, including presidents, military leaders, writers, and celebrities.
So whether you’re looking for a serious quote to share on social media or just want something to make you chuckle, we’ve got you covered. Check out our list of the top funny Memorial Day quotes below!
Funny Memorial Day Quotes to Make You Smile
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “Sharing tales of those we’ve lost is how we keep from really losing them.” – Mitch Albom
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
- “For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue.” – James A. Garfield
- Don’t just make Memorial Day about a long weekend with your dear ones.
- “On Memorial Day, I don’t want to only remember the combatants. There were also those who came out of the trenches as writers and poets, who started preaching peace, men and women who have made this world a kinder place to live.” – Eric Burdon
- “I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.” – Bob Riley
- “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor—and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.” – Michael N. Castle
- The best thing that you can do to make our martyrs’ souls rest in peace is love our country.
- “One-hundred-thirty-seven years later, Memorial Day remains one of America’s most cherished patriotic observances. The spirit of this day has not changed—it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy.” – Doc Hastings
- If you don’t value this freedom then you are not valuing the sacrifices to many.
- Life is strange. Those who fought the battle don’t get to live in the free country.
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.” – Harry Truman
- “Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
There are a variety of funny memorial day quotes available online. These quotes can be used to add a bit of levity to the day.