Mardi Gras is an event that brings people together to enjoy one another, have a good time, and celebrate life. It is also a chance for people to express themselves creatively. Mardi Gras inspires the imagination in many ways which can be conveyed through quotes that friends and family members share with each other at social gatherings.
Mardi Gras Quotes
- “There’s no place like New Orleans.” — Harry Connick Jr.
- “There’s a thing I’ve dreamed of all my life, and I’ll be damned if it don’t look like it’s about to come true—to be King of the Zulu’s parade. After that, I’ll be ready to die.” — Louis Armstrong
- “I like big beads and I cannot lie.”
- “Beads or it didn’t happen.”
- “Nobody puts baby in a king cake.”
- “An American has not seen the United States until he has seen Mardi Gras in New Orleans.” — Mark Twain
- “Keep calm and throw on.”
- “King cake calories don’t count.”
Mardi Gras Sayings
- “Mardi Gras, baby. Mardi Gras. Time when all manner of weird sh*t cuts loose and parties down.” — Sherrilyn Kenyon
- “Life of the Mardi.”
- “A great, wild, adult thing to see is the costume competition in front of the bar Oz on Bourbon early morning on Fat Tuesday.” — Bryan Batt
- Life of the Mardi.
- Everywhere else, it’s just Tuesday.
- What happens on the float, stays on the float.
- It’s time to get jazzy.