Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a federal holiday in the United States, honoring one of the great heroes of American history. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was an activist and social justice leader, who spoke out against racial discrimination and was one of the most influential people in the world at that time. The day remembers his contributions to society and his undeniable power to inspire others to stand up for what they believe in. To honor Dr.
Martin Luther King Jr Day Sayings
- Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
- We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war but the positive affirmation of peace.
- The art of acceptance is the art of making someone who has just done you a small favor wish that he might have done you a greater one.
- A riot is the language of the unheard.
- Nonviolence is absolute commitment to the way of love. Love is not emotional bash; it is not empty sentimentalism. It is the active outpouring of one’s whole being into the being of another.
- Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
- He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.
- I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
- A man who won’t die for something is not fit to live.
- We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.
- We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
- Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.
- We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.
- You will change your mind; You will change your looks; You will change your smile, laugh, and ways but no matter what you change, you will always be you.
- Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.
- here can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.
- Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.