Memorial Day weekend is the perfect time to relax and reflect on all that we are thankful for. Take a break from your busy life and enjoy some time with family and friends. These Memorial Day weekend quotes will inspire you to make the most of this long weekend!
Best Memorial Day Weekend Quotes
- “The legacy of brave men and women who have fought and died for their country is the freedom we enjoy as Americans.” – Lucian Adams
- “The brave may fall, but never yield.” – Author unknown
- “One lives in the hope of becoming a memory.”― Antonio Porchi
- “America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” – Harry S. Truman
- “Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.” — Michelle Obama
- “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.” — Benjamin Disraeli
- “Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.” — Emily Dickinson
- “Freely we serve, because we freely love, as in our will to love or not; in this we stand or fall.” — John Milton, “Paradise Lost”
- “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.” — Colonel David Hackworth
- “For let the gods so speed me, as I love the name of honor more than I fear death.’ — Julius Cesar
- “Courage is more exhilarating than fear and in the long run it is easier.4 We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just one step at a time.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Think about the past and consider the sacrifices men and women in the military have made for us.” – Gary G. Wetzel
- “Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven, Blossomed by the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Memorial day weekend is a time to remember those who have died while serving in the Armed Forces. Here are some quotes to help you reflect on this holiday weekend.