The day before Palm Sunday, also known as Passion Sunday, is a day of reflection. It is a time to remember that Jesus was betrayed by one of his own disciples and then sentenced to death. In the Christian church, it is a time to reflect on Jesus’ suffering and death. The events leading up to Jesus’ crucifixion are remembered during the Mass on Palm Sunday.
Palm Sunday Slogan
- “Alleluia, how the people cheer and palm leaves rustle as the king draws near.”
- “Ride on, ride on in majesty! In lowly pomp ride on to die; O Christ, thy triumphs now begin O’er captive death and conquered sin.”
- “With great power, the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all.”
- “Remember finally, that the ashes that were on your forehead are created from the burnt palms of last Palm Sunday. New beginnings invariably come from old false things that are allowed to die.”
- “God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.'”
- “Palm Sunday is like a glimpse of Easter. It’s a little bit joyful after being somber during Lent.”
- “Lord, we lift up your name. With hearts full of praise; Be exalted, O Lord my God! Hosanna in the highest!”
- “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.”
Palm Sunday is a special day to remember Jesus’ arrival in Jerusalem and the beginning of his Passion. The events of Palm Sunday remind us of God’s great love for us, and we can celebrate this love by sharing it with others. Let’s all take time to reflect on the significance of Palm Sunday and use its message to guide our actions during the coming week.