It is always a difficult time when we lose a loved one. During these times of grief, many of us turn to our religious faith for comfort and strength. Several religious memorial day quotes can offer comfort and help us remember our loved ones.
A religious memorial day quote can be a short phrase or a complete verse from a religious text. These quotes can be about the afterlife, the loved one’s life on earth, or the grieving process itself. No matter the religious belief, there is likely a religious memorial day quote that can offer solace and peace.
Here are a few religious memorial day quotes to help you through this difficult time.
Best Quotes For religious Memorial Day
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” – Matthew 5:4
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” – Psalm 34:18
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
- “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:1-4
- “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13
- “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.'” – John 11:25-26
- “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” – 2 Corinthians 4:17
- “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
- “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” – John 15:13
- “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” – Revelation 21:4
- “I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” – Psalm 4:8
Religious memorial day quotes can be a great way to show your respect for the deceased. They can also be a great way to show your support for the bereaved. Religious memorial day quotes can be found online or in religious books.