In his famous 1984 speech, President Ronald Reagan said, “Some people live their lives as if they will never die. I want to live my life as if I will die tomorrow.” These words capture the essence of how we should live our lives – with purpose and meaning.
As we commemorate Memorial Day, let us remember the words of President Reagan and the brave men and women who have given their lives for our country. Here are some of the most memorable quotes from President Reagan on Memorial Day:
Unforgettable Ronald Reagan Quotes on Memorial Day
- “Sharing tales of those we’ve lost is how we keep from really losing them.” – Mitch Albom
- “One-hundred-thirty-seven years later, Memorial Day remains one of America’s most cherished patriotic observances. The spirit of this day has not changed—it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy.” – Doc Hastings
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue.” – James A. Garfield
- “Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “On Memorial Day, I don’t want to only remember the combatants. There were also those who came out of the trenches as writers and poets, who started preaching peace, men and women who have made this world a kinder place to live.” – Eric Burdon
- “I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.” – Bob Riley
- “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor—and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.” – Michael N. Castle
Ronald Reagan Memorial Day quotes are a great way to remember the former president. Reagan was a great leader and served our country well. If you are looking for a way to remember him, consider using one of his quotes on Memorial Day.