International Women’s Day is a day that celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women all over the world. It is also a day to reflect on how far women have come, as well as to identify ways in which we can continue working towards gender parity. This year, International Women’s Day falls on March 8th. In honor of this special day, we have collected over 100 quotes and sayings from inspiring women all over the world.
Women’s Day Quotes
- “A woman is like a tea bag: You can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “What’s the greatest lesson a woman should learn? That since day one, she’s already had everything she needs within herself. It’s the world that convinced her she did not.” –Rupi Kaur
- “Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” –Amelia Earhart
- “A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.” –Gina Carey
- “Your life isn’t yours if you constantly care what others think.” –Unknown
- “If you have a dream, make it a goal.” –Unknown
- “Sometimes it’s the princess who kills the dragon and saves the prince.” –Samuel Lowe
- “Little girls with dreams become women with vision.” –Unknown.
- “There’s nothing a man can do that I can’t do better and in heels.” –Ginger Rogers
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life. Not the victim.” –Nora Ephron
- “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” –Emma Watson
- “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” –Stephanie Bennett-Henry
- “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” –Katherine Hepburn
- “She believed she could, so she did.” –Unknown
- “If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.” –Margaret Thatcher
- “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” –Melinda Gates
- “We all have a ‘Wonder Woman’ inside of us.” –Unknown
- “I can and I will. Watch me.” –Carrie Green
- “There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.” –W.E.B. Dubois
- “The most beautiful thing a woman can wear is confidence.” –Blake Lively
In conclusion, International Women’s Day is a time to celebrate the progress women have made, while also recognizing that there is still a lot of work to be done. It is a day to reflect on the unique challenges women face around the world and to pledge to take action to address them. Let us all use this day as an opportunity to stand in solidarity with women everywhere and support their ongoing struggle for equality and justice.