International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. The day is annually celebrated on 8 March.
The history of International Women’s Day can be traced back to 1908 when 15,000 women marched through New York City demanding shorter working hours, better pay, and voting rights.
Women’s Day Sayings
- “Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it.” –R.H. Sin
- “Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress.” –Kiera Cass
- “Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” –Amelia Earhart
- “A woman should be like a single flower—not a whole bouquet.” –Anna Held
- “I know what I bring to the table… So trust me when I say I’m not afraid to eat alone.” –Unknown
- “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” –Madonna
- “It’s okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.” –Colette Werden
- “A woman is like a tea bag: You can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “What’s the greatest lesson a woman should learn? That since day one, she’s already had everything she needs within herself. It’s the world that convinced her she did not.” –Rupi Kaur
- “Strong back. Soft front. Wild heart. Just be you.” –Brene Brown
- “Be the woman you needed as a girl.” –Unknown
- “And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong and full of fire, and that not even she could hold herself back, because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” –Mark Anthony
International Women’s Day is a day to celebrate the accomplishments of women around the world. It is also a day to call for gender equality and to promote the rights of women and girls. Let’s all take some time on March 8th to reflect on the progress that has been made, and pledge to continue working towards a more equitable world for all.