Pumpkins are not only for carving at Halloween! These orange beauties are great to bring into your home year-round. If you’re looking for best Halloween quotes, message or greetings, check out these most popular pumpkin sayings.
Halloween Pumpkin Sayings 2023
1. “The witches fly, Across the sky,The owls go, ‘Who? Who? Who?’ The black cats yowl, And green ghosts howl, ‘Scary Halloween to you!’” – Nina Willis Walter
2. “From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!” – Scottish Saying
3. “I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.” -Evan Peters
4. “Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight is Halloween!’” – Dexter Kozen
5. “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.” – William Shakespeare, Macbeth
6. “We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.” – Stephen King
7. “Halloween shadows played upon the walls of the houses. In the sky the Halloween moon raced in and out of the clouds. The Halloween wind was blowing, not a blasting of wind but a right-sized swelling, falling, and gushing of wind. It was a lovely and exciting night, exactly the kind of night Halloween should be.” – Eleanor Estes, The Witch Family
Check Also – Halloween Sayings
8. “I see my face in the mirror and go, ‘I’m a Halloween costume? That’s what they think of me?’ ” – Drew Carey
9. “A person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality.” – Lucy Van Pelt, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
10. “Magic is really very simple, all you’ve got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.” – Aggie Cromwell, Halloweentown
11. “I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly.” – Elizabeth, Friday the 13th
Check Also – Halloween Funny Sayings
12. “Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat… ” – Nicholas Gordon
13. “If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.” – Douglas Copeland
14. “Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves.” – Elvis Duran
15. “By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.” – William Shakespeare, Macbeth
Check Also – Halloween Sayings for Kids
16. Before the start of the autumn break, the teacher said, “Have a gourd time this Halloween.”
17. The Jack-o’-lantern wanted to creep it real for Halloween.
18. “Hey, we need to talk about pumpkin”, said the Jack-o’-lantern. He works as a counselor.
19. The Jack-o’-lantern played the song ‘ Pumpkin back to life’ to set the party mood.
20. The baby Jack-O-Lantern started singing ‘Pumpkin’s going On’, as he wanted to know what was cooking.
21. People ignored the Jack-o’-lantern. According to them, he was empty from the inside.
22. The Jack-o’-lantern was a huge movie fan. Everyone called him ‘Pumpkinhead’.
23. “‘Tis the night—the night of the graves delight and the warlocks are at their play; Ye think that without the wild winds shout, but no, it is they—it is they.” – Arthur Cleveland Coxe
24. “On Halloween, witches come true; wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park.” -Nicholas Gordon
25. “If you’ve got it, haunt it.” – Rose Pressey
26. “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” – Mason Cooley
27. “I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.” – Gomez, The Addams Family
Check Also – Scary Halloween Sayings
28. “I see dead people.” – The Sixth Sense
29. “Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative.” – Judy Gold
30. “Listen to them—the children of the night. What music they make!” – Bram Stoker
31. “I put a spell on you because you’re mine.”- Jay Hawkins
32. Cinderella’s carriage turned into a pumpkin. “Oh, my gourd!” she exclaimed.
33. My friend had a pumpkin spice addiction; the doctor suggested that he apply a pumpkin patch.
34. My dad bought pumpkin spice motor oil made for autumnmobiles.
35. “I am so sorry; it gourd out of my mind”, I apologized. I had forgotten to attend the Halloween party my parents hosted the night before.
36. A pumpkin took his wife to watch his favorite movie, ‘Gourd of the Rings.’
37. I have a pun on a pumpkin, and I think it’s a pretty gourd one.
38. I love pumpkin gourds. They are so gourdgeous.
39. The salesgirl at the cosmetic store asked, “Ma’am, would you like to have a plumpking product for pink, plump lips?”
Check Also – Famous Halloween Sayings
40. Two pumpkin siblings played online rugby patch on the new gaming console they received from their grandparents.
41. “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Waterson
42. “I’m wicked through and through.” – Elphaba, Wicked
43. “It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus.” – Max, Hocus Pocus
44. “There’s only 365 days left until next Halloween!” – The Nightmare Before Christmas
45. “Where my ghouls at?” – Monster High
46. “At this point, my blood type is basically pumpkin spice.”
47. “Pumpkin kisses and harvest wishes.”
48. “Hello, pumpkin.”
49. “Autumn leaves and pumpkins, please.”
50. “No tricks, just treats and pumpkin carving here.”
51. “I’m here for the boos.”
52. “I heard a pumpkin a day keeps the goblins away.” —a play on the Pembrokeshire saying.
53. “Gone pumpkin pickin'” —a play on the film title Gone Fishin’.
54. “There are three things that I’ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin.” —It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
55. “Jack-o’-lantern, Jack-o’-lantern. You are such a funny sight.” —Jack-o’-lantern Halloween Song
56. “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” —Henry David Thoreau
Check Also – Halloween Catch Phrases
57. “Cutest pumpkins in the patch.”
58. “Too cute to spook.”
59. “I never met a pumpkin I didn’t like.”
60. “Pumpkin spice and everything nice… that’s what fall is made of.”
61. “Every year, I fall for pumpkins, bonfires, s’mores, autumn leaves, apples, and you.”
62. “If you’re ever wondering what to wear, just dress like a pumpkin, you’re good to go. — Devendra Banhart
63. “I don’t see how a pumpkin patch could be more sincere than this one.” — It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
64. “Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?” — It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
65. “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” — Henry David Thoreau
67. “In the middle of November smashed on the rocks at the edge of the island, a bright thing caught my eye. It was a pumpkin half.” — Pumpkin by Mount Eerie
68. “I’d say the first thing you need is … a pumpkin.” — Cinderella
69. “Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of a pumpkin.”— Simone Schwarz-Bart
70. “Sometimes I think that ideas float through the atmosphere like huge squishy pumpkins waiting for heads to drop on.” —Neil Gaiman
71. “The fifth one said ‘I’m ready for some fun!’” —Five Little Pumpkins
72. “There he is. There he is. It’s the Great Pumpkin.” —It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
73. “I am the Pumpkin King.” —The Nightmare Before Christmas
74. We have nothing but gourd intentions
75. I only have pies for you
76. I’m on the rind 24/7
77. The pumpkin of my pie
78. A Jack-o’-lantern was made of jelly; people called him JellO-lantern.
79. “Welcome to the pumpkin carving contest. Pump up, get off your gourd, and get ready to squash the competition”.
80. There was a pumpkin athlete. He was a jock-o’ lantern.
Check Also – Halloween Sayings for College Student
81. The Jack-o’-lantern was feeling sad because he felt hollow.
82. The Jack-o’-lantern could not confess his love. He never had the guts to do so.
83. “It’s Halloween season again. Life is gourd,” said the Jack-o’-lantern.
84. The pumpkin president said, “give em pumpkin to talk about.”
85. Happy hollow-ween, the Jack-o’-lantern wished his friend.
86. Time to patch some z’s
87. Be of gourd cheer
90. Let the gourd times roll!
91. Patch you later!
92. “I don’t see how a pumpkin patch could be more sincere than this one.” —It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
93. “Sugar and pumpkin spice and all things nice!” —a play on Robert Southey’s words.
94. “I’d say the first thing you need is … a pumpkin.” —Cinderella
95. “And I Jack, the Pumpkin King, have grown so tired of the same old thing.” — The Nightmare Before Christmas
96. “I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it.” — Robert Breault
97. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” — Jim Davis
98. “But see, in our open clearings, how golden the melons lie; Enrich them with sweets and spices, and give us the pumpkin-pie!” — Margaret Junkin Preston
“Pumpkin spice lattes are egg nog for morning people.” — John Oliver
99. A pumpkin went for a job interview at a water park, where he was appointed as a life gourd.
100. A student was trying to find the ratio between a pumpkin’s circumference and its diameter. It was pumpkin pi!
Check Also – Halloween Pumpkin Sayings
101. The baby pumpkins were struggling to cross the road, so they called the crossing gourd.
102. The pumpkins wanted to hold a meeting, so they had to book a gourdroom.
103. At a party, the host asked his pumpkin friend how he was. The Pumpkin replied: “I am vine, thank you”.
104. Pumpkin out puns like it’s nobody’s business
105. You’ve got to be pumpkin-ding me!
106. “‘Cause I’m Peter, Peter the Pumpkin Eater/And the party has just begun.” —Garth Brooks
107. “Apples, peaches, pumpkin pie/Soon your love will be all mine.” —Jay & The Techniques
108. “Wednesday, play with your food.” —The Addams Family
109. Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
110. Let’s pumpkin spice things up a bit
111. I love pumpkin spice a latte
112. Pumpkin Spice season is finally here, better latte than never
113. Pumpin Spice Up Your Life!
114. “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” — Henry David Thoreau, Walden
115. “Give ’em pumpkin to talk to talk about.” — Unknown
116. “There are three things that I’ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.” — Linus, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
117. “The pumpkin lies yellow, beneath the cold skies, it’s luscious and mellow, and ready for pies.” — Walt Mason, The Pumpkin
118. “If you’re ever wondering what to wear, just dress like a pumpkin, you’re good to go.” — Devendra Banhart
119. “Let’s be honest: you can’t celebrate fall without its leading role: pumpkin!” —Rachel Hollis
120. “When life gives you pumpkins, make pie.” — Unknown
121. “I will defend pumpkin until the day I die. It’s delicious. It’s healthy. I don’t understand the backlash. It’s delicious. It’s healthy. I don’t understand the backlash. How did pumpkin become this embarrassing thing to love but bacon is still the cool flavor to add to everything?” — Anna Kendrick, Scrappy Little Nobody
122. “I’d say the first thing you need is… a pumpkin.” — Fairy Godmother, Cinderella
123. “But see, in our open clearings, how golden the melons lie; Enrich them with sweets and spices and give us the pumpkin-pie!” — Margaret Junkin Preston
124. “Hey, have you come to sing pumpkin carols?” —It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
125. “When life gives you pumpkins, make pie.” —a play on Elbert Hubbard’s words.
126. “I have to leave … Lizards and pumpkins and … things.” —Lily James in Cinderella
127. “My favorite word is ‘pumpkin.’ You are a pumpkin. Or you are not. I am.” —Harrison Salisbury
128. “I tromped through the pumpkin patch.” —The Nightmare Before Christmas
129. Don’t go(urd) breaking my heart
130. Everyone just wants to have a gourd time on Halloween!
131. Jack of all lanterns
132. Get pumped for Halloween!
133. I’m the pun King
134. I’ve been pumpkin iron at the gym
135. I’m a little bit of a country pumpkin
136. Let’s give ’em pumpkin to talk about.
137. “Let’s be honest: you can’t celebrate fall without it’s leading role: pumpkin!” — Rachel Hollis
138. “Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. He’s gotta pick this one. He’s got to. I don’t see how a pumpkin patch can be more sincere than this one. You can look around and there’s not a sign of hypocrisy. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see. ” — It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
139. “My favorite word is ‘pumpkin.’ You can’t take it seriously. But you can’t ignore it, either. It takes ahold of your head and that’s it. You are a pumpkin. Or you are not. I am.” — Harrison Salisbury
140. “Once a pumpkin, Always a pumpkin.” — Billy Corgan
141. “October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins.” — Rainbow Rowell, Attachments
142. “It’s midnight Cinderella, but don’t worry none. Cause I’m Peter, Peter the Pumpkin Eater and the party’s just begun.” — Garth Brooks, “It’s Midnight Cinderella”
143. “Apples, peaches, pumpkin pie. Soon your love will all be mine.” — J.A.Y. and The Techniques, “Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie”
144. “Pumpkin spice lattes are eggnog for morning people.” — John Oliver
145. The Pumpkin said to his son, “Life is gourd. One should spend money wisely and save for the future.”
146. There was a pumpkin who was very fond of jokes. People called him joke o’ lantern.
150. Once, a Jack-o’-lantern was afraid and didn’t cross the road; he didn’t have the guts.
151. “There’s no such thing as getting lost in a pumpkin patch.” — Unknown
152. “What moistens the lip and what brightens the eye? What calls back the past like the rich pumpkin pie?” — John Greenleaf Whittier, The Pumpkin
153. “Once a pumpkin, Always a pumpkin.”— Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins singer
154. “I picture pumpkins at a farmer’s market, piled happy and high, awaiting a new home where children will carve them into scary faces or mothers will bake them into pie or stew.” — Jenny Gardiner, Slim to None
155. “Advice from a pumpkin: be well-rounded, get plenty of sunshine, give thanks for life’s bounty, have thick skin, keep growing, be outstanding in your field, think big.” — Unknown
156. “Every pumpkin deserves to shine.” — Marion Meister.
157. “Why not imagine a talk with a pumpkin? Why not imagine going off for a drive with a friendly pumpkin, a companion who would not, after all, answer back; who would agree with everything you said, and would at the end of the day appear on your plate as a final gesture of friendship?” — Alexander McCall Smith, The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine
158. “Anna shuddered. ‘Orange is not the colour of seduction, Christopher. Orange is the colour of despair, and pumpkins.’” — Cassandra Clare, Chain of Gold
159. “Being kept inside a pumpkin shell your whole life was no guarantee against getting flung into space.” — Barbara Kingsolver, Flight Behavior
160. “I’m no Cinderella. No fairy godmother will be coming to my rescue, so it’s time to turn these rags into gowns and get ready before my pumpkin ride arrives in two hours.” — Cecilia Robert, A Need So Insatiable
161. The delivery boy was waiting outside with my order of pumpkin pies. I told him, “Wait there, I am pumpkin outside.”
162. “Mom, I am pumpkin home for Halloween”, said the Pumpkin on the phone call.
163. The pumpkin guy won the title of Pumpkin carving names. He totally squashed the contest.
164. A pumpkin gifted his wife her favorite music album, ‘Pumpkin to Terms.’
165 .“The pumpkin is the older brother of the apple.” ― Corina Abdulahm Negura
166. “Pumpkin pie is a living symbol of mediocrity. The best pumpkin pie you ever ate wasn’t all that much different from the worst pumpkin pie you ever ate.” — Garrison Keillor
167. “On Halloween, the parents sent their kids out looking like me.” – Rodney Dangerfield
168. “Dear Great Pumpkin, Halloween is now only a few days away. Children all over the world await you coming. When you rise out of the pumpkin patch that night, please remember I am your most loyal follower. Have a nice trip. Don’t forget to take out flight insurance.” – Linus
169. “Wench! Trollop! You bucktoothed, mop-riding firefly from hell!” – Billy Butcherson, Hocus Pocus
170. “I dropped the candies into the children’s bags, thinking: You small mortals don’t realize the power of your stories.” – Karen Russell, Vampires in the Lemon Grove
171. “He had arranged the arms and legs in letters, and the letters spelled out a single small word: BOO. The three torsos were carefully arranged below the BOO in a quarter-circle, making a cute little Halloween smile. What a scamp.” – Jeff Lindsay, Darkly Dreaming Dexter
172. “Let’s carve out some fun this Halloween season,” said a Jack-o’-lantern to his friend.
173. Once, there was a Jack-o’-lantern who lived in the seedy part of the town.
174. A Jack-o’-lantern went for a movie; It was ‘Pulp fiction.’
175. Once, there was a chubby Jack-O-Lantern; his friends called him plump-kin.
176. “What moistens the lip and what brightens the eye? What calls back the past like the rich pumpkin pie?” — John Greenleaf Whittier
177. “It’s midnight Cinderella, but don’t worry none. Cause I’m Peter the Pumpkin Eater and the party’s just begun.” — Garth Brooks
178. “Way out in the country tonight he could smell the pumpkins ripening toward the knife and the triangle eye and the singeing candle.” — Ray Bradbury
If you are looking for pumpkin sayings to put on your car or pumpkin carving quotes, then this article has them all. With 178 different sayings and quotes, there is sure to be something perfect for your needs. We hope you enjoyed this post!